Take a look at the suggested timetable and select which lessons you would like to carry out. Remember children return to school on Thursday, so you have three days of home learning.
The ‘timetable’ for this week’s teaching and learning is as follows
- Day 1 – Children read the Hamilton Group Reader, No Thank You! They recall which animal ate what in the story and sequence the order in which the animals appeared in the tale correctly. They use pictures to retell the story in as much detail as they can.
- Day 2 – Children re-read No Thank You!, speaking in character as they do so. They re-order jumbled sentences about the animals from the story and add in words of their own to describe the animals. They also create their own jumbled word sentence puzzles for adults to solve.
- Day 3 – Children re-read No Thank You! for a final time before planning and writing their own version of the story featuring new animal characters and foods. They decorate their stories and mail them to relatives.
- Day 4 – Chn discuss their five senses and read the poem, Five Little Senses. They list what they love to see, hear, smell, taste and touch and then write punctuated sentences about some of these things.
- Day 5 – Chn re-read Five Little Senses and then read the poem First Dog on the Moon by David Orme. They compare the two poems before writing sentences describing what Dog might hear and touch on the Moon.