Summer Term Week 1
Watch this film at https://www.literacyshed.com/soar.html
Complete one or more of the activities below for your English work this week:
- Using the image of the setting (below), describe it as vividly as you can. Use the guidance at the bottom of the image to help you.
- Retell the story from Mara's or Lucas's point of view.
- Choose a point in the story and write a dialogue between the two characters - don't forget speech punctuation rules.
- Write a technical description of the tiny flying machine - focus on all the components and describe each one.
- Write a detailed character description of Mara or Lucas - their physical features, clothing and personality/characteristics. You can draw and colour them as well if you want to.
Log in to Spelling Shed and complete the assignment 'Summer Week 1'
Please let me know if you do not know your password.
Our new topic for the Summer term is the Maya Civilisation. This week we will concentrate on introducing the Mayan and you will complete two tasks:
1) A MAP TO LOCATE THE MAYA IN THE WORLD
2) A MIND MAP OF KEY INFORMATION ABOUT THE MAYA
Use the downloadable map below to show where the Maya lived (or make your own). Shade the countries the Maya lived in, draw a frame around your map, colour the sea and give it a title.
Use the PowerPoint below to make a MIND MAP of some of the basic information about the Maya people. We will then focus on one aspect each week in more detail. Make your mind map as bright and colouful as possible, draw pictures if you want and include at least one fact about each of the following areas:
- where and when they lived
- who they were
- what their books and writing looked liked
- what calendar they used
- their number system
- what they wore
- how their society was ordered
- what games they played
- what they ate
- what their cities and homes looked like
- their religion.