Welcome to Koinonia Class
Hello year 5! We hope you are getting on alright at home with your learning!
Things for you to be doing:
- Remember you have your home learning packs to be working through at your own pace
- Times Table Rock Stars
- On Spelling Shed there are 2 assignments waiting for you and we are excited to see how many of you manage to do these! (If you are having any problems with your logins please get a grownup to email the school for you and we will sort it!)
- On the Maths page I have put a link to White Rose Home learning. This is a really good resource for you to look at on your own or with a grown up. Simply go to the year 5 section, choose a lesson and have a go!
- On the Maths page I have put a powerpoint from Maths Shed for you to have a go at! There are also many other useful lessons and a grown up can get a free trial for 2 weeks to download more of these. https://www.mathshed.com/browse/browse/year-5
- On the English page I have put a link to a really good home learning pack called 'A Cloudy Lesson'. There are also many other useful learning packs on the Literacy shed website. https://www.literacyshedplus.com/en-gb/browse/free-resources
Here on our class page there are many links to home learning and we will be adding more for you to look at over the coming weeks. Please don't stress about completing all of the activities at any speed. Some of you will want to have lots to be getting on with and your grown ups will have time to help you, but for some families this will be a much busier time and Mrs Hopes and Mrs Green understand this. Do as much or as little home learning as you are able to do and keep safe and happy. You are all super stars!
Mrs Hopes and Mrs Green are really missing spending time with you all and look forward to seeing you soon!
Design and Technology
In DT, the children have been exploring the rich and energetic genre of African music and have used this to inspire the investigation and creation of different African instruments including the kalimba, djembe drum and the shekere. They have researched and experimented to find out how each instrument makes its sound and then have designed and made their own musical instruments.